A tragic incident that took place in Vizag took 11 lives till now and nearly 800 people has been hospitalised. Now police are investigating the reason behind leak of gas from L G polymers.
District collectors said that the accident happened due to technical problem caused in Refrigerator unit.
Styrene monomer will normally be in liquid stated and safe below 20 degree Celsius. Due to malfunctioning in Refrigerator unit, styrene turned into gas and leaked.
After this incident government asked all the chemical factories to be cautious while they are re-opening their plants.